Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom's Famous Salad Dressing



Everyone loves having dinner at my Parents' house.  On the menu, it's usually homey, classic dishes made with serious love.  There is always wine, and flowers and pretty tables...and if things go really right...it usually ends with a small living room dance party and fireplace hearth airband performances...my Mom's food is just that good!
My Mom has several "famous" recipes.  if I reveal them to you slowly, share them here and there...maybe she won't notice.


Mom's Famous Salad Dressing
Origin, My Mom

Notes:  This "house" dressing goes great on any type of salad.  I usually keep a jar in the fridge for a week or more, it lasts quite a while.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup of olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
lots of fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a mason jar, or a container with a tight fitting lid.  Shake to emulsify.



2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite post so far. I can almost hear En Vogue playing in the background. It really is just that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiiu! As one of our featured performers...you know it!

    ReplyDelete